Friday, March 28, 2008

I STINK!

Yes, life with boys can be very stinky. And having a book about stinky stuff is just par for the course. We recently fell in love with a DVD my mother found of different Scholastic books that were made into cartoon videos. One of them was about a garbage truck who really stinks! It is a great book and the kids love it. It is filled with all things stinky! This truck even tells you A-Z different things inside his trashy treasure: A-apple cores, B-banana peels, etc. The boys especially like the P- puppy poo. This book is even better when it is brought to life in video.

Of course, when we were in the library and Ryan found the book, it was a bit embarrassing to hear him shout out "MOMMY! MOMMY! I STINK! I STINK!" Thank goodness for the rows and rows of books I could duck into to hide from the strange glares of onlookers...



I wholeheartedly recommend this book! Especially if you have boys! It is very cute and funny and what more could a boy ask for than trucks and stink?

ask for it at your local library, or find it here! We have been discovering a lot of really great books recently, so keep checking for our next favorite!

1 comment:

Bill said...

Funny! I'll have to search for another of the childhood books with a record "It's so cozy to ride in my dumptruck". Nice post!