Monday, March 17, 2008

Faith and Begora!

Well, don't ya know, I was lookin' out me front winda and what do ya think I be seein? Twas a leprechaun, it was! And what do ya think his name be, then? Twas Patty O' Furniture!
Ha! My Dad said this to me every St. Patrick's Day.
My father is an Irishman. My Nana (who went home to be with the Lord a long time ago) came over on a boat from Ireland.
(my other grandmother came over from Italy, and I have to say, I would take pasta over cornedbeef and cabbage any day!)
I used to love watching "Darby O'Gill and the Little People". A great movie for St.Patty's Day, about leprechauns, and the search for the pot o' gold, and the best part: it has the very young and very dashing Sean Connery!! You all should really see it. It's very entertaining!I've seen it about a hundred times.
So here's a question: has anyone out there eaten any green bagels or green donuts? green latte's? Have you eaten anything green today that by nature should not be green?
(and I don't mean moldy!)
leave me a comment and tell me! Anyway, hope you all are enjoying your day. Don't forget what can happen to you if you eat too much cabbage. You know.
So for all you fellow jig-dancin', green wearin' Irish folk; HAPPY SAINT PATTY'S DAY TO YA NOW!

7 comments:

Jen said...

That was cute!

Our milk was turned green ;) So we've all been drinking green milk today :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! That's a green milk from a green cow? :)

Jen said...

Yup. That's how the cows are up here ;)

Hope you guys are doing well and staying healthy - spring is almost here!!!!

Good Yarns said...

Just visiting for the first time over from Nan's blog and thought I'd say hi.

Oh, and I made green eggs. Really green. The were gone quickly. I can't believe the kids ate them!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting!
I'll stop by your place too!

Anonymous said...

my heavens, that joke haunts me...how about this one: pat said to Mike...do you know the difference between in-laws and outlaws...sure enough says Mike...outlaws are wanted!!!

love Dad

Anonymous said...

That's a good one!!!