Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Feathered Friends

Alright, I'm back. I realized I haven't posted in a few days. I guess the MOPS retreat relaxed me too much! I had a great time, and laughed a lot with my friends. We stayed up way too late, and ate way too much junk. I went to bed with a tummy ache from too many cookies and skittles. The place we went to was a very old retreat center, dating back to the 1800's. It was very nice, but old. We were the first group to stay there this year, so we got to help them get all the "bugs" out, so to speak.
Anyway, here is a very "old" picture of what it looked like in it's prime

It was a fun time. Except my poor friends Liz and Christine had the worst room. No cold water. No flushing toilet. Ladybugs everywhere. a lot of them. you can check out her story here.

So now that the weather is warmer, Jeff and I have been out with the boys having fun. Today we were outside playing and saw our neighbor's chickens meandering through the neighborhood. The boys were very good when I told them NOT to chase them. So here is a picture of our feathered friends. I will name them........

"Nuggets" and "Fingers"
We really should have chased them. With a fork and a bottle of ketchup! Alright, alright, I'll stop it. They were very cute, and we enjoyed their company.

1 comment:

Liz said...

What a wonderful little story...I love that picture of the farm....where did you find it? You were very tactful in describing the place...not like me..HA - enjoy your blog so much...thanks for inspiring me. Liz